Krog's Kamp Testimonials - A few comments by past guests.
"As a Senior Executive for one of the largest Global Travel Management companies in the world, as well as an avid fisherman and outdoor enthusiast, I highly recommend Krogs Kamp. And I can confidently tell you it is much more than a camp. I recommend this luxury spot to a variety of clients for a variety of reasons. This is a very special place run by very good people. The versatility of the accommodations and the owner/operators ability to source and provide seemingly anything anyone might need makes this a well rounded hit. From the outdoor enthusiast or fisherman, to family vacation, to hosting an event, group, corporate meeting or incentive trip.. Krog’s will provide a memorable experience.
Krog’s Kamp has several distinct and specific competitive advantages for the fisherman, family or business/company;
- Situated on one of the world’s most renowned Salmon and trout rivers this location boasts multiple runs of multiple species of Salmon. You won’t find many places like this on earth.
- When the river gets a bit busier with fishermen in July (thanks to the abundance of King Salmon, Red Salmon, Silvers and Trout), Krog’s has a long fishing platform/dock situated on one of the premium stretches of river. This area is accessible only to those that are staying at Krog’s.
- While feeling at peace in nature, it is a quick drive into Soldotna and Kenai, with loads of stores, shops, restaurants salons and spa’s…and yes a Starbucks. The great Alaskan wilderness and treasures, with the modern comforts and luxuries at your finger tips.
- Very close to Kenai Airport (15 minutes) or an amazing scenic drive from Anchorage (2.5 hours)
- Very close to the sea as well (fish Halibut or take a lunch cruise to see the glaciers)
- Newly built accommodations throughout including 4 two story houses (two with fireplaces), 3 individual one bedroom cabins, as well as the Luxury A-Frame Riverfront Lodge that can be configured as three separate two story accommodations(fireplaces in each with porches overlooking the river). The Luxury A-Frame Riverfront Lodge can also be configured as three or one large accommodation. All accommodations throughout are newly built, spacious, modern, loaded with amenities and comfort. Gym, Jacuzzi, Steam room, Meeting Room, Gift Shop and more, all onsite and newly built.
- The Krog’s family have connections throughout the area, holding personal relationships with the best suppliers, fishing guides, tour companies, excursions, meeting planners, dining facilities, shops, politicians, public services, area businesses and enterprises.
- Onsite space for meetings with larger offsite meeting and event space within 15 minutes of camp.
- Located on the Kenai Peninsula, Krog's has fantastic road accessibility to rivers, parks and nature, unlike most of Alaska (80%) which is challenging to access.
The resulting experience is the great Alaskan wilderness, with the modern comforts and luxuries at your finger tips. I will happily serve as a reference or make recommendations if you are interested in going fishing someplace fantastic, taking the family away for a perfect vacation, planning an event or corporate meeting, or looking for a way to reward your top employees or clients. I personally look forward to my next visit and sending my next group of client’s to Krog’s Kamp. I know this is long but there is just so much good stuff to tell." Neil B.
"The sights, the smells, the flora, and the fauna were Spectacular! We couldn’t have enjoyed ourselves more. And you two, you are such dynamic and interesting people: your knowledge, culture, wisdom and general good sense made our trip that much more delightful and safe…….. You are magical people living in a magical place.” Andi and Stu
"It’s been a few weeks since returning to “reality” but we’re still talking about the awesome time we had in Alaska; and of all the awesome trips we went on and enjoyed thanks to you two. So again, Thank You! for your hospitality and knowledge and everything. Hope all is going well for you both and your kamp.” Mary and Jim Wooley
"Thanks againg for a great time. We will be back! Hope all is well and the river has gone down. Have a great summer.” Jim Butcher
"What a beautiful state! Just wanted to drop you a quick note to say Thank You for the wonderful hospitality you showed with myself and my brother-in-law Tom (the Colonel) Bergeson. Great time had by all. Thanks for everything. All the best.” Hal Reddick
"Every once in a while you get to meet one of a kind – very special people in this world. This was one of those times. We hope to see you both again. Love.” Holly and Phil
"We just wanted to Thank You for the wonderful vacation. You guys made it all possible. What a beautiful place you have! Please accept our gratitude for using your place.” Dan and Molly Spearing
"Thanks again for making our trip so memorable.” Dave and Al Riddle
"Thank you so much for letting us stay at your kamp in July. We had a wonderful time! It is absolutely beautiful up there. Jason Jr. is still talking about catching reds and king. He will remember this vacation for a long time. Hope to see you in the future. Thanks again!” Jason, Kelse, and Jason Jr.
"We thank you for fulfilling a dream of seeing Alaska. We saw and did so much that we could not pick one event that we preferred over the others. Seeing wildlife co-exist with humans was impressive and the abundance of bald eagles unforgettable. The fond memories will always be with us. We are very grateful for your generosity and hospitality. Thank you for a very enjoyable experience. “ Roy and Vicki LaHaye
"Thank you for your warm hospitality this weekend. My nephew and I will treasure our memories of our trip to Soldotna, fishing the Kenai and staying at Krog’s Kamp. You went out of your way to accommodate us and we appreciate it. Our photos of our fishing from your guide boat are great. I enjoyed the conversation with you and Bob and especially loved the fresh roasted coffee and breakfast Simon prepared for an “Army” See you Again!” Beth Hillyer